History

Local Number 14 was originally assigned to a "housesmith" or what is known as an "Ornamental Local" located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  They were chartered in August of 1900 and had been a Federal Union with the American Federation of Labor.  At the 1901 convention, Local No. 14 along with two other locals who had affiliated with the International under the sames circumstances were given the boot.

On December 31, 1902, the International used number "14" again when they chartered the Local in Spokane, Washington.  The first officers were:  C.E. Trink, President;  John J. McCorman, Vice-President;  Emil Larsen, Recording Secretary;  John O''Meara, Financial Secretary;  Charles Woods, Treasurer; and M. Deveney, Sargeant at Arms.  In the early 1900''s, the majority of work was building bridges.  

The Local experienced growth of membership hydro electric dams being built around our jurisdiction including Grand Coulee Dam.  With work in the Tri-Cities area, which included work at the Hanford Nuclear Site, a sub-office is maintained in Pasco, Washington.  In March of 1999, the International merged Local 598, Kalispell, Montana in Local 14.  Local No. 14 now maintains a sub-office in Missoula, Montana.   

Local No. 14 has been proud to provide quality Ironworkers to contractors in our jurisdiction which encompasses Eastern Washington, North Idaho and Western Montana.